Hey there friends! Sometimes, life gets busy and it’s tough to find time to love yourself, but it is still SO important to do things for yourself. Here’s a list of 10 things to try to increase your self love in a short time:
- Breathe. Take a deep breath in for 6 counts in your head. Now hold your breath there for 4 counts, and then exhale for 8 counts! It’s grounding and always makes me feel a wave of calm.
- Drink or eat something delicious. Maybe it’s a pastry, and maybe it’s some kombucha (you can tell who wrote this because I love both). Treat your taste buds to something you love, and feel it share some love with you too!
- Write down whatever is on your mind, stream-of-consciousness style. I write three pages every morning (courtesy of The Artist’s Way) but you can do whatever suits your personal needs. Just get it out of your head and on paper. It feels freeing, and your mind clears for at least a moment or two.
- Smile. Quite simply, it’s almost a case of “fake it til you make it,” but in reality you have to actually smile a real smile and your body will naturally lift your mood a little bit.
- Listen to your favorite song. If you’re able to, sing aloud loudly and proudly. Maybe even dance. Just enjoy it!
- Get up and move. Show your body some love. Stretch or go for a walk or do a silly little dance. Whatever works for you and your body is great! Do whatever you are comfortable with and enjoy the loosening up of your tense muscles!
- Read something inspiring. Whether it’s a multi-page newspaper story or a simple quote on Pinterest, read it and think about its inspiration. Write it down and stick it up on your wall if you have to. Find things that make you feel something and roll with them!
- Tidy up your space, whether it’s a small space (like a desk) or a larger space (like a house). Feeling the cleanliness of your space will help your mind to feel cleaner and less cluttered as well!
- Give yourself a high-five (think Tina Fey in 30 Rock) or pat yourself on the back (think elementary school – or maybe that was just my elementary school?). Say out loud how awesome you are and believe it!
- Do something kind for someone else. Stewardship is fulfilling, and will make both of you feel great!
Now get out there and love yourself. You deserve it! If you have any other suggestions, comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org – hope you feel all the love! ❤